Thread: The Black Lake
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 03:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Sorry.. was gone this weekend so this is behind... Eeep *hides*
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
Oh gosh. I feel statements. Kale Trent had never been a big user of the word no (especially when yes could be such a fun and chaotic word), but after a summer of therapy he had learned that sometimes no could and should be a full sentence. And this mandatory therapy sesh was a big no.

It wasn't right to force kids to talk. So many of them had faced really scary stuff, and being vulnerable in a group setting just wasn't something everyone was capable of or comfortable with. B E S I D E S, treating it like a group exercise meant that addressing kids' trauma wasn't personal.

And that dumb lil voice, the one that had guided him last term when he saw things happening to his peers that he didn't like, spoke out loud, "I feel like its too late for the adults at this school to pretend they care about our health and well-being."
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"If we can leave, then how is this mandatory?" Ash said confusedly. That wasn't what that word meant. "I think I could overcome my rage if I got an apology, but I'm not going to, so I'm not overcoming my rage. I agree with Kale. How are we supposed to heal when we got betrayed like that?" How are we supposed to heal right here, in this extremely traumatic setting? No, Ash was not opening up. She was expressing her outward emotions as a cover for the feelings of pain and helplessness underneath. "I also agree with whoever said something about trust. Sure, people had to make difficult decisions or whatever, but that doesn't mean they didn't betray us and do nothing." Ash found that cowardly. She couldn't understand why people didn't want to fight. They wanted to keep their life and their family? Ash had a life too, and a family. But she wasn't being a wimp, was she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
Kale felt his jaw drop. What in the triggering rhetoric--

...they did what they believed would keep you safest. I'm sure many of you saw first hand how resistance was handled. They would never want to see any of you hurt.

Was Healer Poppy out of her mind or just the most unfeeling witch to ever live? What kind of healer/therapist/whatever put the burden of excusing abusers on the abused? Cuz the Hogwarts Professors may not have raised their wands at students directly, but they had stood by and let them be tortured. It made them just as complicit, just as culpable.

And no, lady, the students had seen first hand how resistance was handled-- they'd endured it.

Kale felt his hands start to shake. He needed to go curl under the cocoon of his blankets and hide away for the next several days, pls n thnx. And if he wasn't being forced to stay, welp, he wasn't staying.

Hang the fact that he was the Headmaster's son and should be setting a good example. The sixth year turned on his heel and started his way back up to the castle, trying to banish the thoughts of the mirror and black smoke that now started to cloud his thoughts.
Gemma listened to what the healer said and had heard it before, that they had made peace, but how could they have made peace if they didn't know they were going to go, that they were taken away. How could anyone find peace in that? She didn't understand and she felt like screaming, but she knew she couldn't. No, she was fine, everything was fine.

Well... it was fine until the headmaster's son spoke up and then Ashley. She felt rage at that point and stood up. "HOW DARE YOU! BETRAYED!!! MY MOTHER WAS CURSED BECAUSE SHE TRIED TO PROTECT US. I WATCHED HER PAIN AFTER THAT FIRST LESSON WHEN SHE WAS. I WENT TO VISIT HER AND SHE TRIED TO HIDE IT, BUT SHE COULDN'T. " The tears hit before she could stop them, she didn't want them, SHE WAS FINE! "YOUR DAD IS STILL ALIVE KALE. SHE STILL GET HIM, MY MOTHER DIED TRYING TO PROTECT US. SHE DIDN'T BETRAY US!!" She watched him walk away, good just go away.

She stared at Ashley too, "You wouldn't just try to understand, you kept just pushing, you put them in those positions. They tried to warn us, tried to give us clues, but you just kept pushing." Taking the bread in her hand she threw it at the girl taking all the emotions she had built up out on the only source she could at the moment.