Thread: Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Silence...silence was not what she expected. The change in his expression...while somewhat expected...was not the change she expected.

Emmerson's shoulders slumped, her own expression saddening. While the Third Year knew it would be a stretch, and while she had abandoned her original plan...it was still....rather disheartening. Even now, it didn't matter what she said. He wasn't jealous, he wasn't mad, he wasn't begging her not to. It was the final nail in the coffin. The one that told her this decision to give up really was the right one.

And yet...she felt as miserable as the day he broke up with her. Without saying anything at all, Samuel Summers had once again made it clear how uninterested he was in her and she was no closer to finding out why.

It was honestly frustrating and humiliating all at once. The look she wore closely resembled a kicked cruppy. She'd told herself this would be a good term, coming off such a terrible one, but...nothing changed.

"I take it you don't care either way, then." She said, stubbornly wiping at a tear that threatened to fall. It may have looked like one borne of sadness, but it was anger and frustration more than anything else at this point--her go to in the face of unpleasant emotions. Emm built up her resolve, remembering everything she was ever told a Cambridge was. She took only a second to compose her face, training it the way she'd often seen her family do in the middle of some unpleasantness.

Nonchalant. Unperturbed.

"I'm glad this won't affect our friendship. There's no need for this to become weird and we spent way too long last term not being friends." She forced herself to reach for a lightly grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Forced herself to take a bite because this was aLl FiNe. "We'll have a lot of catch up to do now that we've got the run of the castle and grounds again. I'm thinking a day by the lake for SKEEM.....well...most of SKEEM." Emma hadn't come back.

This was fine.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.