View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sunflower

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
books and cleverness | i like you a latte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Why was Carson sleeping in the breakroom? There were countless possibilities where Aurora didn't want to imagine some of them, but still it needed answered. Why was her personal assistant sleeping in the middle of the day? And not to mention talking in his sleep too, which sounded to Aurora's ears like he was trying sooth down an unindentifed angry magical creature. Had this european tour to retrieve dragons from other countries put a strain on Carson's sleeping habits?

When Carson jolted awake Aurora quickly took a few steps backwards and to the side to not accidentally get knocked into. It was better to be safe than sorry. Crossing her arms, she just looked at him as Carson apologized for his action. Waving the apology away with a dismissive hand Aurora asked. "I'm more interested in why you needed to take nap? Are you not sleeping well at home?" Was she exhausting him with all the extra tasks off late, perhaps?
No, the dragons retrieval operation was not why Carson was exhausted. He only helped with making travel arrangements across Europe, running errands, and other small support duties. It was Aurora who should feel tired from working non-stop to retrieve the dragons. Honestly, she deserved to be on a chocolate frog card for leading the operation so well. Any extra work she assigned him was not unreasonable.

When she asked why he needed to take a nap in the break room, he took a moment to consider how to reply, still looking down at his feet. It was probably best to tell her the truth. He felt that she would not be judgemental, and perhaps even give him some advice. "Um, the thing is, I'm doing some extra Apparition practice outside of work. I'd like to get a side job as an Uber Apparator when I turn nineteen." Which was in less than a month's time. "I have not been getting enough sleep because of that. But I should not have let that affect my work here ... sorry."