View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Oh, sure, there were plenty of ways to describe how last term had gone, but they didn't need to get all caught up in that kind of thing. Nem allowed another half-smile though; it was nice when the most innocuous comments were not called out as inappropriate or insensitive. It did, however, make it a little more challenging to know where the line was.

Which was only an issue when Nem cared to toe said line. Jury was still out on that today.

For a long moment, they didn't say anything, just looked at their fingers as they pressed several indents into the arm of the chair, watching as the material regained its shape again and again. "I don't know," Nem said at last, fairly honestly, slowly drumming their long fingers once, then laying them flat. They looked up at Recard with a steady stare. "Though I did wonder if there was anything you wanted to ask me. You'd be surprised how few questions I get. Proper questions." Or maybe she wouldn't, who was Nem to say. Regardless, this wasn't a new phenomenon, but it was interesting that, far from the events of last term triggering an onslaught, those around them seemed to have become even less willing to dig. "Custody interviews notwithstanding." A joke. A truthful one, but a joke nonetheless.

Funny, too, that so far it had been the kid of an Auror who'd seemed genuinely willing to give them the time of day. That was maybe worth thinking about.

You are Chocolate!