View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:05 PM   #87 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"International?" he repeated, one eyebrow raised. Color him intrigued. "I think this'll be the first time an Unspeakable has international news for me."
Jane was still smiling at Conley and the cat, wondering if that feline was going to go home with a new person this afternoon, when her train of thought was interrupted by Conley's response to her remark.

"Yes, well, I'm rather sorry that I do now. You see," and she lowered her voice a little and leaned in slightly toward him, "I had been trying to get a lead on what happened to Bain." She paused a moment, a bit embarrassed at her presumption. "I believe he killed my former colleage, Dr. Nykto. I wanted to stop him when he tried to flee the Ministry, but I was distracted--we all were--by the fire in the Technology Lounge. So I'd been writing to some of my old contacts in Europe. I studied and worked there for a number of years, you know, mostly in Germany. And I've been receiving disturbing news about possible Neo-Alliance activity." The most disturbing news had been the disappearance of Jane's old mentor, Gerda Durkheim.

"I assumed you yourself must be aware of some or all of this, of course, but I felt I should mention it."