Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie was interested in her answer. She had a father who did all the things Ash's dad didn't do, and Ollie felt like she wasn't prepared for real life either! Maybe there was a missing middle ground there. A parent who didn't care too much, but still cared. "Maybe its not all that bad. My dad cares too much. He always wants me to follow in his footsteps and think about making decisions for my future. Every thing I do has to be talked over with him, and if I don't I get punished." Ollie frowned. She didn't mind that he was over bearing, she just wanted to have fun sometimes! Maybe that was why she day dreamed so much - a distraction from the boring world. "Sometimes I wish I had a different dad. But then I remember this TV show I watched, this princess and a girl from town traded lives and hated it. So I guess I'll keep him." She giggled, they had watched that TV show together, on the weekend though, TV wasn't allowed on school nights.
Personally, Ash liked her own dad better, so she was fine not trading lives with the girl from town. She scrunched her nose. neglect was bad, but she personally preferred it to having someone who was a micromanager. "He doesn't hate that you're a Slytherin, does he?" If he did, she had some (un)kind words for him. "I wouldn't trade him for the world though- I might end up with someone strict or mean." And they all knew what happened when someone forced her to do stuff she didn't want to do. She exploded in a fiery ball of rage. Not a desirable outcome at all.