Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 09:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Why did Ash think her dad was a bad person? "He lets me do whatever I want as long as I don't tarnish the family name. I like it, but I'm pretty sure that it's objectively bad parenting. Because like, it won't prepare you for real life, and you stop your kid from doing stupid stuff." Ash sighed. "I guess I'm pretty lacking in the good decision-making department. And the respecting authority department. And the understanding consequences department." And a lot of things, really. But she couldn't hold it against him (which was another problem). She liked being free, and he was probably just sad because his wives kept dying. "People keep wondering why I act the way I do- well, that's why. My bodyguards can't control me without backup from him, and that backup isn't coming." How could you impose consequences on a person who was as scarred as her and very used to doing whatever she wanted? They couldn't exactly torture her, and compared to crucio, getting yelled at was nothing.
Ollie was interested in her answer. She had a father who did all the things Ash's dad didn't do, and Ollie felt like she wasn't prepared for real life either! Maybe there was a missing middle ground there. A parent who didn't care too much, but still cared. "Maybe its not all that bad. My dad cares too much. He always wants me to follow in his footsteps and think about making decisions for my future. Every thing I do has to be talked over with him, and if I don't I get punished." Ollie frowned. She didn't mind that he was over bearing, she just wanted to have fun sometimes! Maybe that was why she day dreamed so much - a distraction from the boring world. "Sometimes I wish I had a different dad. But then I remember this TV show I watched, this princess and a girl from town traded lives and hated it. So I guess I'll keep him." She giggled, they had watched that TV show together, on the weekend though, TV wasn't allowed on school nights.