Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 01:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"cool. I'll paint you in then." Ash wondered if Ollie thought she had to sit there for like five hours. She didn't. Ash could remember a picture in her brain. Should she mention that fact? Nahhh... it would probably be fine. Ash took a mental snapshot and filed it away. Done. Now she could paint it.

"Oh. I guess we find different things confusing then. You're confused by all the physical stuff like houses and staircases, and I'm confused at how nice everyone is being! That's funny." It wasn't really funny at all, but Ash had a weird sense of humor. Besides, it was good to know that someone was also being afraid.

"Well, I think you're on the right floor for the library. Wrong side of the castle though." Well, Ash thought so. She never paid attention to directions, she just instinctively knew the route. "And houses- they're complicated. Very few people have their personalities set in stone as a first year anyway, and there is lots of individual variation. And some people's houses don't seem to make that much sense. I was a different person when I was eleven, and the only thing that makes me a Ravenclaw is that I think about the consequences of my bad decisions before I make them." She laughed. "It doesn't really matter though. A bad decision is a bad decision. And there are good and bad people in every house, so sorting people based on one trait is kinda arbitrary. I don't know why Ravenclaws have to answer riddles to get into our common room. Not very secure, and just because I'm supposedly in the 'smart house' doesn't mean I wanna answer riddles all the time." She rolled her eyes. They should just ask for fingerprint scans instead. They could pretend that they were secret agents in a secret hideout. And the common room would be protected from people in other houses who were just really good at riddles.

"You're a Slytherin, then? Have you met Claudine yet? She's my favorite." Her most favorite mom friend. Ollie was lucky she Claudine in her house. Super lucky.
Ollie's lip formed a pout "I'm really good at riddles" She kicked a small rock that was under her foot. It just seemed so unfair to Ollie that she wouldn't get the chance to change her house! What if she completely changes? Well that wouldn't make sense since she was sorted into Slytherin and to her understanding she wasn't one. She debated confiding in Ash about what Remy had said. After all, Ash seemed to give her honest opinion no matter what.

"No I haven't really met anyone in my house. Well I know V, but technically I met her before the sorting." She paused for a moment. She didn't want to get on Ash's bad side if she worded the question wrong. She was considered Ash a friend and hoped she felt the same. "Is there supposed to be something wrong with Slytherins? A girl I rode on the train with said her father was one and made a face. And my father refused to tell me about the house. Are Slytherin's often bad people?" She prayed the answer was no. She was sorted into the house.