View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Though Finneas had arrived at Hogwarts a little earlier this year, his office was still a mess. A mess he intended to clean... eventually. And what better time for eventually than, er, right this moment! Was he looking for an excuse just to keep himself busy? Pffffffffffffft. Of course not!!! If he wanted an excuse, he'd pick up a Rubik's cube.... Not that he knew which box he was storing those in.

Er.

AnYwAy.

Giant box in hand, he nearly jumped when he heard the knocks on his door. It only took him a moment to remember that behind the door, he likely had a student visitor. He hadn't had one of those in a long while. Er, not after the majority of his students were locked away in that horrible Room. "C-come in," he called out, loud enough to be heard from the other side of the door. Fortunately he hadn't locked it today because, er, his hands were full of... box at the moment, and Finneas hadn't yet decided where he wanted to set this one down.
With permission to enter granted, Teddy was a little hesitant to enter, anticipating the various states the man could be in - but when he entered, it was about what he expected, truthfully. Schmoe wasn't crying, which was good, and while the office was in a state of disarray, it didn't faze Teddy.

"Hi, professor," was his chipper greeting, perhaps a bit too chipper for the occasion. That was just Teddy, though. "Just wanted to stop by and... check in on you." He shrugged. "Not really a secret that last term was hell, and perhaps more so for you than most." They all suffered, but the torment the Muggle Studies professor was put through was... a special brand of torture. Teddy could rationalize the man's morale being at an all-time low, but he hoped things were looking up in that capacity. "I wanted to offer my services, for anything you might need. Cleaning, re-organizing, moving things... whatever seems like a lot right now. I mean, everything is a lot, for everyone, but your Ravenclaws will do what they can to help, if you just ask." Did he know? "My sisters, too, and likely countless others."

Teddy knew he didn't have any real authority to speak on behalf of the whole student body, but he figured Schmoe would get the point: his students were there for him.