Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash turned slightly. Oh- it was just Ollie. Ash didn't want to make assumptions, but she thought of Ollie as a very nonthreatening person. She was smaller, younger, and never quite seemed to know what she was doing. Still, you could never make assumptions. But if Ash thought there was anyone in the school who would push her off a balcony, it would be Cambridge, not Ollie (Not Upstead either- they were too smart for that, and too calm). "Hey Ollie. What's up? How do you like Hogwarts? Personally, I find it confusing, but nobody else seems to. Eh, confusing is better than bad." Ash responded to kindness with confused distrust, but she responded to cruelty with unbridled rage. Confusing but good was infinitely better than familiar and bad. "I was just setting up my stuff so that I could get some pictures and some drawings of the view here. You can be in them, if you'd like." It was good to put people in her art. People found it moving. Seeing a random laundry room or a pretty view meant nothing, but if you put traumatized kids in the scene, they cared a hole lot more. Even if the kids weren't traumatized. Kids in general made people care.
Ollie perked up. Being in a model for some drawings? How exciting! "Oh I'd love to!" She nodded her head. Ollie had tried to get into drawing, but after many, many, many failed attempts, she decided to give up. But to be a model in one sounded so fun. She moved closer to Ash's things and looked at the interesting bits and bobs she had gathered together. Many of these things Ollie had never seen before.

Now it was time to answer the other question Ash had asked. What did Ollie think about Hogwarts? "Well... It is sooo confusing" She let out a deep breath. It was! "Let's just say I was supposed to end up in the Library, but somehow I ended up here. This is like my third time getting lost today! And I got sorted into Slytherin and I can't figure out why!" It felt really good to let go of some of the things that were pent up inside. She hadn't really talked to anyone else since she arrived. Plus she was really missing home and her dad.