Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie was defiantly lost. She was meaning to go to the library, but the stairs started moving, and she didn't want to ask for help (she had seen another first year being made fun of by a group of fourth years for asking for directions - that is NOT what Ollie needed).

She wasn't upset that she had found her way to this balcony, it was very pretty. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. There was a nice breeze and it calmed her a little. When she opened her eyes she noticed a familiar silhouette. She walked a little closer to the girl setting up what looked like photography equipment. "Ash?" Ollie said, not too loud just in case that wasn't the girl she had met at Diagon Alley.
Ash turned slightly. Oh- it was just Ollie. Ash didn't want to make assumptions, but she thought of Ollie as a very nonthreatening person. She was smaller, younger, and never quite seemed to know what she was doing. Still, you could never make assumptions. But if Ash thought there was anyone in the school who would push her off a balcony, it would be Cambridge, not Ollie (Not Upstead either- they were too smart for that, and too calm). "Hey Ollie. What's up? How do you like Hogwarts? Personally, I find it confusing, but nobody else seems to. Eh, confusing is better than bad." Ash responded to kindness with confused distrust, but she responded to cruelty with unbridled rage. Confusing but good was infinitely better than familiar and bad. "I was just setting up my stuff so that I could get some pictures and some drawings of the view here. You can be in them, if you'd like." It was good to put people in her art. People found it moving. Seeing a random laundry room or a pretty view meant nothing, but if you put traumatized kids in the scene, they cared a hole lot more. Even if the kids weren't traumatized. Kids in general made people care.