View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Speech!!! How nice to not have a dark wizard in charge of the youth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
The fact Healer Poppy hadn't quite literally come "popping" through those doors was comfort enough. The woman had been...admittedly a good deal of help during his early recovery but....the word "overbearing" tended to launch itself at his mind rather forcefully when she was around.

Rather than jinx himself with such a thought...it was time to move the feast along. He was glad both Gabi and Kazmi were up for their challenges. After the last term, he felt a certain...certainty that everyone up on the dais was. They had done what they needed to survive and keep the children alive in the worst of times. It spoke volumes to the kind of team he was working with.

As was his familiar custom, Malachi hit his fork against the side of his goblet, wanting to get everyone's attention.

As he stood, he cast an amplifying charm on his voice.

"Good evening and welcome to another year at school. For those among you who are new, a special welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. While here, your house will be your home and your housemates your family. Make friends--the right kind. You never know when you'll need that shoulder to lean on, or pleasant company." Wouldn't do to start the term making enemies.

"For those who went through the last term...I know it can't be easy to be back. Many of you may still have questions...fears. We've lost many good people. Make no mistake, a horrible thing happened here, but let's also not forget that we survived. In fact, we did more than survive, we conquered. Each of you had a part in ensuring a safe world for our muggleborn counterparts and the wider wizarding world and I'd like to thank you. It couldn't have been easy to be brave, I imagine most of you--if not all...nearly all....." Upstead. "were terrified. Some of you may have done or said things you would never otherwise say for the sake of survival." Not Upstead. Upstead meant it. "Let us not dwell on the past, but look forward to a brighter future together."

He paused to look up and down the staff table. "We have some new professors I'd like you to welcome. Beginning on my right, we have Professor Gunter in the role of Ancient Runes, in Divination we have Professor Euka. In the role of flying instructor will be taken by Professor Kazmi."

And a pause for applause.

"There is a matter I must draw to every new student among you's attention. At the very edge of our school grounds, we have a forest. It's no coincidence that it was named the "Forbidden Forest". Unless you see the ghost of your fourth cousin's sister's father in law twice removed beckon you into that forest, you are absolutely meant to stay out. Failure to comply will have you eaten by its inhabitants. On the off chance you manage to be rescued before that happens, you will wish you were eaten." That Rosier had so callously gone without warning them was an affront to the very institution when so many of them thought it made for the best picnic spot at the school.

"And on a much lighter note, the drama club would like to host another play this term. The play is still to be determined but keep an eye out for the audition sheets. It will be wholesome and endearing and a pleasant little project for anyone interested. Those who may not wish to act are welcome to help out behind the stage with props, costuming and other odds and ends."

A little something for him to be excited about as well. "Now then, let's e--I don't have to tell anyone the word "mudblood" is strictly prohibited this term, do I? No? Consequences, they exist. It's an ugly word and rather unbecoming. I don't even want to hear you think it." Ahem. "Now we eat."

And with that, the man sank back down into his seat and watched the food arrive.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-05-2021 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Or uh. Delete since we posted the same time lmao