View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 11:42 PM   #84 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Jane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Jane smiled and sat down in the chair opposite him, nodding once to the cat and then ignoring it. "Yes, I have been busy working on something the past year, but I've been meaning to get out in the Ministry more and meet people. In fact, I've tried to a few times in the past but always seemed to get sidetracked." By rock golems in the Hall of Prophecy, explosions in the Minister's Office. The usual sort of thing.

Jane leaned in and added in an undertone, "You know, they usually come to you when you're not trying to get them to," as she gave a subtle nod towards the cat, who was still watching them.

"Well, I'm glad you finally are out exploring. The Ministry is actually a pretty amazing place," he yawned and shook his head a little. "When it's not being taken over by crazy extremists. Any place in particular you're hoping to see?"

"Oh?" he asked looking from the at back to Jane. "Don't have much experience with cats. I only just got a dog for the firs time a few years ago. Guess I'm used to calling for him." He went back to sipping his tea. He wondered how Duke would feel with him coming home smelling of cat. For that matter, he wondered what Sachin would say if I brought home a cat? He probably shouldn't, but he was rather tempted to. The cat's presence in his lap had been rather soothing. More soothing then he'd felt, well, since before the war.