Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 12:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: lions and a badger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
The blonde dipped into snacks as sooooooon as they were offered to him. Dope. Noms. And see, THIS was why MF was the realest. He was always coming through with snacks and friendship. After last term the friendship part was really, really dear to Kale, but the snacks also helped, ngl.

He threw an arm around his bud and squished. "How was the end of your summer?" They'd seen each other on-and-off, even kissed once (eyyyy), but as the summer grinded to an end, he'd not been as in-touch with his buddy as he would like. So tell us, MF. What happened? How were the siblings? How did his parents feel about him coming back?

Turning to the other high-five-kid, APOLLO APPARENTLY!!, Kale blinked some more. The surprise was apparent on his face. How-how did he know his name? Did he have a name-tag on or something? Kale even glanced down to double-check. Nope. No, name-tags. "I-I am," he answered. The Headmaster's son, that is.

Yo what's up, lil Mamie, Kale thought as the Hufflepuff entered. Yaaaaahs. Middle Car Kiki. They need some music and more snacks STAT. Kale peaked up to see if the trolly had rolled through yet. Snacks, pls.

...oh. The war. They were gonna talk about that, huh? Kale got a little quiet, a little distant. Sorry friends. War stuff was hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
What a warm welcome. “Thanks.” Margaret squinted at the two taller, older Gryffindors for a moment, her facial expression somewhere between bewilderment and like she was trying to glare but couldn’t quite muster that much dislike. This was clearly not going to be a nice calming train ride, not with their energy.

But Apple Apollo seemed genuinely pleased to see her, so she gave the literally little second year a grin and plopped herself onto the seat next to him. “Hi, App...ollo,” she said. She sat as tall as she could and stretched her legs out for good measure, so the younger boy could see how much she really had grown. Much more than a little, thank you very much. “I did grow! Two whole inches!” she said proudly. “Babulya even showed me how to hem, so I can make my pants legs longer if they get too short again.”

She fidgeted uncomfortably when he brought up the war like that, in the same breath as Quidditch. Like it was no big deal. Did they really have to talk about that? She looked solemnly at Apollo for a moment, completely tuning out the taller boys. But also not saying anything to Apollo for a possibly awkward amount of time.

“Quidditch?” she finally murmured. “I like Quidditch.” Not that she’d ever played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Charlie had left the compartment that Cooper and Celyn were in after snacking on some pumpkin pasty. She loved spending time with Cooper he always made her feel so sure of herself. But she needed to get up and start walking around because sitting still was making her a bit stir crazy, felt a bit like being locked in the room. She thought she had escaped being put in it but she had been locked up anyways.

Tucking a curl behind her ear she went down the walkway glancing in a compartment here and there, she wondered where some of her friends were. Oh maybe she would see one Seth Elliot today, he was a cutie. Instead she smiled at spotting Morgan McCarthy oooh and Kale. Kale was one of her favorite people she really hoped that last year wouldn't weigh him down even though he seemed some what okay over the summer.

Pushing the compartment door open she smiled, "hey Kale, Morgan," she waived at the two other people she didn't totally recognize, one looked familiar (Apollo). "Care if I join you all?" She was still only slightly leaned into the compartment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Morgan did not notice whatever was going on with the Hufflepuff girl's facial expressions - Mamie, he caught from the younger Gryffindor - being much more concerned into delving into the freshly-baked cookies he brought and happily sharing them with his best buddy. And the younger one was called Apollo, he thought, as he tried to commit that to his goldfish memory. As long as he remembered it for this train ride, he figured he'd be good.

"You're famous, dude," he nudged Kale with his elbow as he seemed very surprised that someone he didn't know would know him by name. "Everyone knows you," he added before stuffing another cookie in his mouth. He tried not too hard to not talk with his mouth semi-full. "It was cool. Had to take my OWLs the other day though. And some other stuff happened.." But he'd wait till it was just them in the dorm to talk about that stuff. And even though he was sure he did not do all that well, Morgan was glad that all that extra studying over summer was over. Just in time to start studying and homework and classes for school. Ugh.

He glanced over at Kale when Apollo asked them about... well. Could they please not mention the W word? They'd been through enough that he didn't care to think about, and from what he remembered, Apollo hadn't been locked in a crowded room for half the term or trapped in a mirror. But he could maybe steer the conversation. "Don't know," he shrugged. "Quidditch is funny here. One year they have it, the next they don't. It's been like that for a while." At least as long as he was there, for one reason or another. Not that he really paid attention to the why or the game in general. It had bothered his sister much more than him. "You guys want some cookies? My mum's a pretty great baker," he said, leaning towards Mamie and Apollo to offer some of what was left in the box.

And just then another voice filtered into the compartment and Morgan turned his head to see one of his housemates. "Hey, Charlie," he greeted her, shooting her a grin. "Sure, come on in. It's the best compartment on the train." Might as well make it a party.

Oooppsss... Apollo forgot that sometimes just because he made it his business to know his older housemates (particularly those of notable background), apparently that didn't mean that he knew them.

"Yea. Kinda. Famous." He agreed at what Morgan said. To be honest, was it a bad thing that people knew who were based on your father?? Even if your father was kidnapped for like two years and impersonated by a dark wizard.

Oh, they didn't want to talk about what happened. Okay. He could do that. Really. Even if he sometimes (read: most of the time) lacked a filter of his thoughts, he could read the room. And particularly Mamie's face. Good thing Charlie showed up then. "Hi there, of course. I'm Apollo" In case, like her male older housemates, she too failed to learn his name. Mamie might appreciated another female present. He turned toward her, "We're gonna play. Promise. I got my own broom now." Thanks to a first year, even though he would have had one anyway, but he also got extra money too so a win-win. Wasn't it?

He nodded at Morgan at the cookie taking one of them because he wasn't about to turn down sweets. "Um. These are.... AHHH--- Mazing." And on that note, it looked the train was slowing to a halt and there were skeletal black horses waiting for them with carriages. Feast time?

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.