View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 04:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default suddenly i can't read
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

"It's..." For a moment, Kaiser considered lying, and may well have done if Mr Hollingberry was not already as aware of the situation as he was. Kaiser had been in this very hospital at the same time as him for a while, and of course the Minister had been... present, when it happened. In a sense. After a fashion. "It will take some time, they tell me. I was still, ah... recovering, before, and now it..." They needn't get into the details. "It's fine, really."

It would have been difficult to miss the implication in Mr Hollingberry's words, or rather, what he didn't exactly say. Kaiser didn't expect that the Minister's mental - emotional, whatever they called it - recovery would be any easier or faster, but the reminder was nevertheless... uncomfortable. He tried not to make his discomfort all that obvious as he finally sat down, once they were alone again, but the thought kept tumbling around, demanding to be acknowledged, so he kept acknowledging it.

"Thank you, sir." Candela - ray of sunshine was right, too bright and warm for someone like him - no doubt would be overjoyed by the treat, and especially given where it came from. Kaiser wasn't even sure Elio was supposed to have this sort of thing, but was reluctant to make it so obvious to Mr Hollingberry that he still didn't have a clue what he was doing as a... parent... type person. Mr Hollingberry knew, at any rate; he knew this sort of thing much better than Kaiser did. "Maybe I can bring Elio to see you, if that would be okay." He picked up a biscuit for himself, turned it over in his fingers.

Home. That's how people often referred to the flat. 'Are you going home?' 'Take some back home.' 'Let's go home.' 'You should be set to have him home very soon.' Kaiser had still not managed to say it, but not because it didn't feel like his own space, and not because of that whole... 'home is other people' thing either. He just couldn't bring himself to use such a word with so much weight behind it, and didn't think he ever would. Some words held so much power; it was almost frightening, at times, just the idea of putting them out into the world.

That thought instilled a sudden impulse in Kaiser that was utterly impossible to ignore. He seized on it, acutely aware of exactly how much he was likely to regret it later. That part was always easiest to ignore. "Can I say something, sir? It's important."

You are Chocolate!
Felixir is offline   Reply With Quote