View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 05:05 AM   #95 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Jane sat stock still a minute, utterly flabbergasted--this was not what she had been expecting at all, nor what she had been prepared to ask for. Though not unwelcome. "I...uh...I don't know what to say, I hadn't expected this at all, after the short time I've worked here," she finally responded. "And I'm grateful--deeply grateful--for your appreciation of my work. But that's actually not what I had intended to ask for," she went on, feeling a little nervous now--on top of this generous raise, asking for more now seemed a little greedy. But her work was important to her and she'd been wanting this for some time now. "Actually, what I had wanted to say--what we discussed before, actually, when...well, when you were not yourself--I had wanted to see if I could get some private lab space--just a bit of one, an unused cupboard or corner of a room. You see, I'm arriving at a point in some of my work where I need to keep the experiment isolated from any outside influences, and where I've been working, the Love Chamber--well, it's been quite adequate, but is not exactly ideal for this next step, because there's all that...well, Love floating around and those vibrations are not appropriate at all for this. And of course, the Death Chamber isn't a place where you can do any labwork." The Death Chamber was filled with the most potent vibrations in the Department, as far as Jane was concerned, and they were best taken in small doses.

She waited and watched Flamsteed to see what his reaction would be to this--hopefully at least not any worse than the last time.
Airey was having a moment of déjà vu. Likely because he had not been more clear earlier...or perhaps he had simply not entirely grasped the depths of the situation. There were vague traces of the conversation she spoke of, though what he could recall was more him fighting to regain control in an intimate setting with the Unspeakable and provide something that was a warning. Unfortunately Jane did not know the real Airey and any telling signs would have been all to easily missed.

Speaking to him in vibrations sounded entirely too much like astrology talk, but the department head could easily put it into more of a scientific perspective. The environment in the Love Chamber was not sterile enough to her needs with containments everywhere despite the necessary equipment present. The Death Chamber with its own set of containments. "Hence my request for a list of your requests by the end of the day," he reminded her with a quick tap to his enormous forehead. "Though I am curious as to your proposed solution to this predicament. I cannot simply create an entirely new chamber for just one Unspeakable, no matter how important the research. Though a new sterile portion within an existing chamber is much more plausible. It would be far too much a liability to suggest you utilize either the labs on level two or three. Such sensitive and dangerous research must be contained to Mysteries."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes