Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DMC
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Euphrosyne "Phro" Texeira
The Leaky Cauldron
Default Yeah... 12-year-olds LMAO
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Dad had an answer for everything. Even if they were...weird answers. They were still answers.

But then suddenly the Gryffindor was being pulled down an alley and Atlas knew that this was NOT the way to the Ministry. Maybe to a rubbish bin or two though...so maybe Quinn was about to suggest that they hide in those? There had been worse ideas...

...or hug. That was...a plan too? Maybe. Thing winging it thing was exhausting. Being taken off guard made his return hug delayed and not nearly as tightly as he would have wanted to. There were also words and those words were distracting and confusing. "Wh-wh-what?" Not that this plan wasn't going to work, in his gut Atlas already knew that was the truth. It was...the kidnapping that sort of...really stung. Getting caught up on words and their meanings would do that. "...but...but I'm not...am I?" he asked, eyes wide and slightly horrified. "....but...but this isn't against your will...is it?" It didn't SOUND like it and it didn't feel like it either. "I'd...I'd never make you do something against your will..." Did Quinn know that his mom sounded a lot like a harpy? Because she sounded like a harpy. And then he was struck with another terrifying thought, the sort had his insides all twisted and knotted. "...what...what will she do?" His eyes widened a bit more and turned all wiggly with his own pending tears. "...I...I already spent a term not be able to be your friend and close to you...I don't...I can't...not again...we can't..."
Quinn quickly shook his head. "No, Atlas, I want to go with you so badly. I'd follow you into the Forbidden Forest if I could," he chuckled a bit, trying to liven the situation before he got serious again. "But... my mother wouldn't see it that way. Neither would the police. And if I don't get back to her.... that's the way this is headed." He hoped that would put it into perspective for Atlas, or at least get him to stop worrying that he was horrible. He's never done anything wrong, in Quinn's eyes. He's the most perfect friend ever.

A bubbling of despair rumbled in Quinn's stomach at Atlas's next comment, but he subdued it quickly. He had to be the rational one in this moment. He couldn't let his emotions get the better of him. Quinn shook his head. "I... I don't know. B-but I know that... I'm going to try my best to get back to you, okay? Even if... even if it's not for a long time... I'll come back to you." Quinn had to stop himself from talking, feeling his voice about to break.

Another scream from his mother. This one was close and frantic. Quinn snapped back to his senses. "I'm sorry, Atlas, but we don't have time. I have to go. And so do you," Quinn said as he wrapped Atlas up in another quick hug. "I love you so much, Atlas," platonically, of course, "I... I'll see you at school, okay?" Quinn released him from the hug and gave him one last smile. He was about to walk away, but... this could be the last time he was seeing Atlas for a long time, maybe even ever, and... he thought... maybe...

You know what? Yeah. Screw you, Mom.

Quinn turned back for a moment and gave Atlas a quick peck on the cheek before rushing out of the alley. His ears were piping hot as he ran towards his mother. "Mom?"
NiallNIP is offline   Reply With Quote