View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

Oh, she knew her name. That was nice. Natalie liked to be known. She smiled at Eureka again when she offered to have her sit with her for lunch. "Well thank you," she said genuinely, bringing her lunch container over to the table.

She sat down across from the girl as she offered her a pickle. She didn't know why, but it surprised her. No one had ever offered her a pickle before. "Sure," she said, after considering the question for a moment. Then she retrieved a pickle to eat with her lunch.

This was off to a great start.

She crunched into a bite of pickle, crossing her legs under the table as well. "How long have you worked here?" she asked. It was Natalie's first year at the Ministry, so she had no idea how long any of her coworkers had been there.
Eureka bit into her sandwich, her smiling hidden behind the big piece of messy bread- messy because it had cucumber, lettuce, tomato and onions poking from every side. Her pickles were the best, they were homemade and homegrown. Most of her vegetables and food were homegrown, actually. It was something therapeutic she picked up in the past few years.

"Hmm, I've worked here for quite a while now. It was broken into two phases, though. I first worked here for two years as a ranger then moved to Oslo for a higher education, stayed there for four years, and now I'm back as a researcher." She narrated, playing with her veggies and trying to stuff them inside the two loaves of bread. "I've been here as a researcher for, I guess, three years."

Taking another bite, a small one, she reflected. "What about you?" Most likely Natalie was a newbie, Eureka hadn't seen her much before. Although this wasn't a fair judgement since Eurie keeps to her desk a lot.