View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 11:06 PM   #90 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane was pleased and encouraged to find someone was interested in her work, at last--this kind of intellectual interchange was what she had hoped for when she came to work at the Ministry. She assumed her best understanding-governess manner to put Flamsteed at ease and encourage him to talk further (for really the man seemed almost nervous to be talking with her, which was curious, seeing that he was her superior). She looked and listened attentively, while she unobtrusively pulled out the small notebook and pencil she always carried with her and began taking notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"...the Imperius Curse was not something I could overcome on my will alone and I cannot speak to any effects the elixir had on its influence. I can confirm that it had immediate and powerful effects on the physical injuries created by the Cruciatus Curse and other forms of Dark enchantment." There was another pause, one laced in painfilled silence as his mind tortured him with memory. "...only the physical...but immensely effective."
Hmm, interesting--Jane had hoped for broader effects from her potion, but this information was in keeping with what her experiments so far had revealed to her--and, of course, the effects of the Imperious Curse on the whole interaction had to be taken into account. "I was in the Minister's Office when Ms. Rosier was...incapacitated. Before that, she was affecting almost every man in the office--she was a powerful enchantress, obviously." She paused a minute to collect her thoughts. "But what you say seems to fit in with what I have been discovering with my experiments. The elixir seems to have a balancing effect on the subject. So far, I've mainly been able to observe only physical effects, but I have hopes it might have psychological effects as well. It's becoming obvious that it's not what I initially hoped for--a universal panacea, but it does seem to work on a wide-ranging number of ills. And, of course, unlike the great elixir derived from the Philosopher's Stone, it does not bestow unlimited life, which is just as well, for that substance can be dangerous in the wrong hands."

Jane could have gone on, but was distracted by the prospect of actually getting the resources she'd been trying to wrangle out of the Ministry for over a year.