View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 01:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Fletcher, being the mature and handsome Senior Undersecretary he was, had decided to just ignore Vivica A. Painthe Neck, and had settled back into the throne. His hands were now steepled together as he considered what Nem and Nem only was saying.

Poor kid was clearly very deeply impacted by the events of the last year, as they all were. Perhaps it WAS for the best that Upstead wasn't interviewing his own childe. He FELT the sadness when the kid turned their cold, weary blue eyes on him, even if he sensed there could be something more to the story. As he listened (and attempted to ignore the crassness of the auror drinking the suspect's cup of water), Fletcher felt himself getting caught in a bit of a worry loop for the wellbeing of all the kids at Hogwarts. He'd tried though; he'd really tried to question Charles when they had first received word that all communication was being cut off from the school. He'd tried to get in around Alphonsine when the parents started owling and howling and irritating his entire office, as though it was Level One's fault that a cult had taken over the School.

But he was careful not to allow his emotions to show on his face; he was, after all, a man in a man's world, and thus, incapable of showing emotion sometimes, but he did fidget with his wedding ring, gently twisting and spinning it slowly as he thought through these worries.

"No," the acting Minister answered promptly and firmly when Nem pulled him back to the present. "You are not going to prison. I do recommend some kind of counseling for you, however, before you return to Hogwarts, if your parents wish for you to still attend. I'll speak to your dad but the counseling is something my office can set up. You shouldn't have---" here he hesitated and briefly spared James a heavy don't argue with me, look, "---you shouldn't have been subjected to any kind of private lessons with Rosier, regardless of your reasons for seeking him out. I think you're a victim of circumstance, Nem, and an intelligent young person who is still learning how to make good choices."

And honestly, Fletcher could not care less about whomever Nem took out in the battle. He sat up as though he were preparing to leave, straightening his vest and adjusting his cuffs now. He cleared his throat importantly. "I think that's quite enough, Ms. James. Does it really matter which side Nem intended to fight for, so long as they did the right thing in the end?"

Regardless of whoever the hell Anastasia Truebridge was, and the name simply wasn't ringing a bell in this moment, Fletcher was happy just to have Simone gone. "In fact, perhaps we should be thanking Nemesis for removing two threats from the school." He flicked his eyes from James back to Nem. "So long as Nem knows killing is wrong in most instances and promises to never do such a thing ever again...."

Listen, he had a ten-year-old at home. It wasn't his fault if he spoke to all children the way he spoke to Dunk. He cued Upstead the Kid into reading between the lines with a bit of stare in their direction.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind