View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 12:27 PM   #89 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Her curiosity was unsurprising. Airey would have been disappointed if she had not immediately launched into a series of questions regarding the elixir she had given him in this very office. "Please, there is no pardon to be had and no need to apologize for a mind keen on the scientific method. I asked you to make this appointment specifically to discuss your elixir." Meaning she was free to make her inquiries. He would even personally recommend that she pull out something to take notes with. He imagined that this would be a lengthy conversation. Which was good for him. It prolonged the inevitable awkwardness that came with gift giving. Airey was perfectly comfortable giving gifts to people he knew, he had even been bold enough to present Headmistress Truebridge with a gift during one opening feast many moons and rotations around the sun ago. He, unfortunately, was truly only meeting Jane for the first time as himself in this moment...which made her essentially a stranger to him. A stranger who had saved his life and therefore was not to much of a stranger after all. Polyjuice and the Imperius Curse certainly added to his social awkwardness.

Speaking of awkward, thinking about the departed former Headmistress was...awkward. And heart wrenching. He...owed David Truebridge a meeting as well.

"It was only after the Imperius Curse had been lifted off myself that I was able to take it." An event, he heard later, that had been made possible by Alphonsine being incapacitated in the Minister's office. She had been the one to place him under the enchantment, after all. There were a very finite number of ways to lift that Unforgiveable. "The..." He paused to clear his throat, hoping it would help the words flow a little more freely. It was not common for him to divulge into his personal affairs with anyone, even healers had to pull teeth with him the majority of the time. It required a certain kind of detachment from the situation to be able to speak to any length. "...the Imperius Curse was not something I could overcome on my will alone and I cannot speak to any effects the elixir had on its influence. I can confirm that it had immediate and powerful effects on the physical injuries created by the Cruciatus Curse and other forms of Dark enchantment." There was another pause, one laced in painfilled silence as his mind tortured him with memory. "...only the physical...but immensely effective."

He took another pause, leaning back in his chair a bit while glancing at the artwork on the wall he had received over the years, before returning his attention back to Jane.

"I would like to allocate more of our department's resources to your research. Properly, allocate this time. Perform a couple more controlled experiments here in the department to finesse the formula and then we can revisit Mungo's. I'll be expecting a list of the things you require by the end of the day."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes