View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Nem looked between the two, keeping their own features inscrutable so as not to seem too astute in that moment. Looks, hair flicks, side-eyes, shakes of the head, all the rest of their body language. This was Nem's time to shine, and here were these two having a silent domestic. Unbelievable.

It was, by now, abundantly clear that His Majesty was not an Auror, or Hit Wizard, or some higher-up member of the department, the latter of which had been an earlier theory, what with the throne and all. Bulldozing over James' question like that - and she was, clearly, the more adept of the two - it was almost laughable.

Looking from James to His Majesty, Nem chewed on their bottom lip for a moment, then looked back to the former, to answer her question first.

"I found out when everyone else did. He didn't tell me any of his plans, even once he showed his face and brought in the Neo-Alliance and let me join. I knew he wouldn't trust a kid with that kind of stuff, so I never risked upsetting him by asking." All true. Here they paused, a long moment of hesitation, and gathered the cuffs of their sleeves into tight fists. "But I did think something was up in that first year. I wondered about Polyjuice Potion, but decided I was overthinking it. Nobody was all that alarmed, and there were people there who knew Trent way better than I did - his kids, the professors, older students - so I just figured it was all normal, or that people just change sometimes." Another pause, a half-hesitation. "And I didn't want to say anything. After a while, I just didn't care, I liked things the way they were. If he'd gone back to how he was, or left the school entirely, or if I was wrong and he'd found I'd said anything, the spell would have been broken. Not literally, but... you know what I mean?"

Eyes shining just a bit brighter than before, Nem turned their attention to His Majesty once again. They'd known his first question would come up, and did not shy away from it.

"Private lessons." Idiot. "Nobody else. And it was... it was torture curses, and Legilimency." Nem looked away again, back down at the table, where it was impossible to make eye contact with anyone. "He could get inside my head, and he was teaching me how to do it too."

You are Chocolate!