View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 04:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

No Jake, Nem couldn't help but notice, though they weren't sure if they'd expected him to be in the room or not. They were sixteen, only just, yet still sixteen and therefore not a kid, but still not yet of age. Blinking as they adjusted to the light, Nem folded their arms on the table and looked right at the mirror on the wall, not at their reflection but in the vague direction of who was potentially hiding behind it.

Back to the two who had actually joined them, and Nem let their eyes linger on this bloke and his throne for a moment, expression clearly wary. An effective tool, especially after such a traumatic experience. They didn't ask who he was, didn't say anything to or about him yet - though the 'who is this?' was implied - and after a moment, turned to look instead at the Auror who'd brought them in, and spoke in a quiet voice.

"Most people call me Nem." Not friends, mind. Just people. Even if Nem was going to go back to pretending, it could only be singular anyway. They were about to continue, when His Majesty chimed in, and Nem glanced at him again. "... Xander. Xander Nemesis Upstead." With each word, they tapped their index finger, then their middle finger, then back again, on the surface of the table. "Nem." So jot that down.

Anyway. The show must go on.

"Okay," Nem said to the blonde Auror, the familiar-looking one. If they'd heard her name yet, it was already gone. More reasons they were never letting that kind of exhaustion take hold again. "It's all sort of jumbled up, you know? A lot of things are. But... well, I didn't know it was the Ministry at first, but I kind of guessed it might be. There was the explosion, that must have been the gates, and I just knew there would be fighting, so I ran to find the Neo-Alliance lot. Or... or to get instructions from Lucien. Lucien Rosier."

Here, Nem stopped, expressionless for a moment before they took a sudden deep breath and covered their eyes with the heels of their hands, breathing out shakily. Still with their face covered, they spoke again, sounding almost desperate, "It's not just this past day, though, it's the past two years. I don't even know what... I don't..." Lucien Rosier's face swam in front of their eyes, then the image of a toppling pillar. It was a shame he'd turned out just like all the rest of them, but not terribly surprising in the end. There was only ever one person worth believing in.

Another shaky breath. A firm suppression of the urge to peek.

You are Chocolate!