View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default wrapped it up....
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post

- No? No??? He raised his head and stared at his boss, who ... wanted him to stay. She believed in him! The nice things she said about him were so unexpected that he had to ask himself if she really meant them. But he knew that she would never lie about something so important. She was giving him another chance, and it was his turn to speak. To make a decision. Should he persuade her that he was no good and had to resign, or should he continue working for her and try to improve? Obviously, he also had to consider his family's economic status. They needed him to earn an income and he would struggle to find a new job again quickly. Most importantly, he liked it here. Being a Ministry employee made him feel ... meaningful somehow.
"Yeah - yeah, alright." Carson shoved the letter into his pocket and tried to slow his racing heart. It was suddenly very clear that he almost lost his job and got it back in the past few minutes. What he thought was a rational decision seemed incredibly stupid in retrospect. "Thank you, Ms Bagnold. For not firing me and for everything you said. I'll continue working as your Personal Assistant and I promise to do my best. So um, what do you need me to do today? Would you like something to drink?" he asked with a smile, a notepad and self-inking quill already in hand.
Yes Carson, you understood right. She needed him, and wanted him to stay. It was as easy as that. Aurora meant all the nice things she had said to him. She wasn't prone to lying and especially not about important things like this. She know Carson needed a job and being her personal assistant paid okay but no gigantic sums. Maybe she could do something about that? Considering silently she waited for Carson to respond eyeing him from behind blue eyes as she did so. The ball was in his court. Was he going to accept staying on as her assistant or try to resign again?

A small sigh of relief escaped over Aurora's lips at Carson's answer and gesture when he shoved the letter back down into his pocket. Finally they could get back on track to more pressing matters. Nodding Aurora replied "I meant every word I said Carson and I'm glad you came to your senses and decided to stay on as my assistant. I only ask that you like all my other employees do your best and we'll have no problems."

Aurora paused briefly to look down at her agenda for the day before looking up with a small smile at Carson. "A cup of fruity tea sounds lovely. Then I need you to pick up a baby boa at the magical menagerie that is a present for Ms Laplace, and when you've done that I need you to get a stack of documents interpreted by the IMC department. I can't for the life of me understand the cryptic russian words. That's all for now, you are dismissed!" And with that Aurora turned her attention to the letter she had got earlier that day from a friend in the French Ministry.