Thread: Back Cars
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
It wasn't long until he was joined by someone who seemed to be almost sleep walking into his compartment. Apollo glanced over to see it was the girl from the broom cupboard - Ashley - the one who'd also disappeared in Potions class close to right before the battle. He offered her a smile of consolation of sorts, because she seemed to have had it rough this term from when he'd found her cowering and hiding before she'd been sentenced to the room. "Ashley, hey. Jelly slug?" He asked casually, reaching into his bag to pull out a bag of the candy.

What was he doing this summer? "Uh ... getting a broom, i hope. And maybe trying to convince my mom to homeschool me but I doubt that will work." He grinned. "You ... feel okay?"
"Sure." Did Ash like jelly slugs? Not really. But being the daughter of a super rich guy was a lesson in being polite and eating the food that is offered to you, even if the food was something she didn't like, like tuna fish. "Oh! I need to replace my broom! Do you think I can get insurance money for the old one? It cost lots of money, and I think if it got blown up by a cult, that should qualify as something my insurance will cover. Otherwise, I'll have to pay out of pocket." She sighed and ate the jelly slug. Well, at least she could afford to replace it. She felt bad for the classmates who couldn't afford replacements- should she buy them brooms too? "Nah. Not very okay. But when I get back to Australia, I will. I'm going to go surfing, get a boyfriend, and hang out with Claudine for a day, and I will totally feel okay after that." Totally. She nodded convincingly, not quite convinced herself. "I can't believe I'm going back to Hogwarts next year." Like, was she TRYING to be sad? Because going to Hogwarts was a great way to be sad. She sighed. "I'm mostly only staying to make a point." Make of that what you will.