Thread: Duelling Arena
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:10 AM

Default Duelling Arena

When not being used for some of your Defense lessons, the duelling arena is available for those who want to get in a bit of extra training. There are several dummies available for you to have a go at, as well as a bookshelf to the far corner filled with resources should you decide to get in a bit of extra study.

No need to worry about breaking the dummies, they can withstand most things and have been charmed to repair themselves as needed. If you've got more serious spells to practice, use it on them and not your schoolmates. The Healer has a lot of work to do without dealing with injuries that could easily be avoided and reckless behaviour that leads to serious injury will be met with severe consequence, even if your partner was foolhardy enough to agree to it in the first place.

The only thing I ask is that you return the room to its previous state. The dummies will take care of themselves but any other messes I expect you to clean before you go.

To ensure some level of accountability, you will be required to tap your wand against the open page of the log book on the way in and then again on your way out. It will make the necessary notes on who used the room and when.

Note you won't be able to enter the room unless you tap your wand against the book by the door and I don't suggest trying to tinker with the charms. It might hurt a little more than you were expecting it to and all so you can avoid a little clean up? Nah. Not worth it, trust me.