Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 02:38 AM   #104 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Along the friends line… Brody didn’t have many either. That was mainly because he rarely found the urge to get close to anyone. Not even his flings. His closest friend was Annabeth and that was because they had gone through the Hogwarts years together. Not to mention they had been there for each other through some rough stuff. But Brody wouldn’t mind getting to know Gabriel one bit.

The younger guy’s eyes lit up with interest as he watched Gabriel smile. Now that certainly was a charming smile. Brody likey. “Oh you would be? Great!’’ Colour him totally thrilled. “It would have to be until after I master Spanish though. I don’t think I could manage two languages, university, working and having a limited social life all at the same time.”

The Coordinator started to bob his head before catching himself. He was supposed to be practicing Spanish! It seemed his words before were handled well enough for Gabriel to understand. “Yes. All of my seven years. Your accent sounds a lot like the one my Uncle sometimes has so I’m going to make an educational guess and say you’ve spent a lot of your time somewhere in South America.’’
Gabriel was absolutely oblivious to any fling ideas here. His Auror training programme kept him so busy, anything beyond friendship was further from his mind than he was from his hometown. He would have been flattered if he realized, obviously, but was not about to pick up on any subtle clues here. Still, he nodded as Brody deferred any Portuguese tutoring until after this Spanish class he was taking, pulling a faux solemn expression to his face while not bothering to remove the smile from his eyes. "Yes, that seems likee it would be a stretch for anyone," he agreed.

He was fully shocked when Brody confirmed he had gone to Hogwarts, for a full tenure, without providing any indication of what house he was in. This was a first!! In Gabriel's experience, Hogwarts alumnae wanted nothing more than to tell you their house. It was bewildering for someone like Gabriel, whose school hadn't had a house system.

He frankly did not understand it, even after living in Europe for over a year now.

"Yes, I spent most of my childhood in Peru and Brasil," he replied, still in Spanish. Gosh, it was surprisingly relaxing to go back to Spanish after having not spoken it much over the few months. Not since his sister had visited, really. "I attended Castelobruxo for my education." Yes...he was not going to be switching back to English anytime soon. Not when Brody's Spanish was passable. In fact, he was starting to look forward to teaching the other young man Portuguese!

"Where did your uncle learn Spanish?"