Thread: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 02:10 AM   #73 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
The frown was noted, but Nem didn't remark on it, and only waited to see if some sort of rebuttal would come. But no. That was something, at least, but it didn't make up for the fact that Turov was apparently one of those offended-by-everything types, judging by the face journey she'd just been on.

For the record, though, Nem was well aware by now that they were one of the few people in this place who was not one of those types.

"Owls aren't getting in," they pointed out, in a flat voice, though Nem knew this kid must have long since been aware of that by now. "So that would be a wasted trip, unless one of those mountain trolls is interested." It was usually people of a similar intelligence level to mountain trolls that were really into all that stuff, after all.

Speaking of which.

"No," Nem said simply. Anticipating the follow-up, they added, "Not worth my time."
"I knoooow the owls aren't getting in," Mamie said impatiently, wondering if Nemesis maybe lacked an imagination. She wasn't stupid, she was just hopeful. Those were two different things. "Trolls can't read," she said, with a bit of an upward inflection like a question. She was...pretty sure that was true. They had learned about trolls in creatures class once. She didn't remember anyone saying trolls could read, which probably meant that they could not. It was a vital differentiator between herself and trolls, and she could theoretically read and they could not.

She'd have to verify with Williamson back in the Room.

She glanced curiously at Nemesis, given his comment about the worthiness of Quidditch. She disagreed but she felt the same way about history of magic--not worth her time. Not everybody had to agree on what was interesting or not. "Well I like it," she said quietly. She was silent for a minute, wondering what they did think was worthwhile, and then added, "I miss flying."