View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

FAQ

Quote:
Can I assume my character was recruited into the Order of the Phoenix before the Minister's broadcast?
The short answer is YES! But with a caveat to that yes. In the meeting in Diagon Alley, Fletcher explained to the core members (listed above) of the Order to pass these special lapel pins on to people that they trusted. The Order would be larger in numbers than the core six by this point IC. Life happens and unfortunately we cannot always RP all the things out like we would want to in a deceptively short time period, so if your character knows one of these individuals and you can see a possible line, you may politely reach out and contact one of them to see what can be arranged. Please be respectful of the RPer's and what is ultimately an IC decision based on their characters.

Quote:
Can I assume my pro Neo Alliance character has been officially welcomed into the group and/or that they have been among those stationed at Hogwarts?
Very much like the previous response, YES! But with a caveat. For characters who have remained on the outside of things, you are more than welcome to assume that they are considered a member of the Neo Alliance if that fits your narrative. Neo Alliance core member Esmee Carrow has remained outside of the Ministry and Hogwarts to spread the word across Europe and recruit more sympathizers, so it is very possible that the path of your character and hers crossed or has at the very least heard whispers of the movement. As for those Neo Alliance members situated in Hogwarts, the ones camped out, you will need to speak directly to DaniDiNardo about that to ensure things line up nicely with what has already been played out and established in the RP.

Quote:
What if I have an existing RP in one of the battleground threads? Do I have to join the battle when it comes to the thread?
Of course not! Absolutely no one is obligated under any circumstances to participate in a battle in any section of the RP if they do not want to. In fact, in this particular example, it would be for the best that you keep the RPs separate and continue playing on different timelines - or if you want to avoid battles all together move to another thread. It is perfectly fine and encouraged that you play (either continuing RPs or starting new ones) other timelines prior to Hogwarts becoming a battleground! Divination just opened up and is a place that has just opened up for play, for example.

Quote:
Can my character have been involved in the resistance before now even if they were not a recruited member of the Order of the Phoenix?
Absolutely! The Order of the Phoenix is not the end all be all by any means. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for multiple groups or efforts to be happening concurrently, without the knowledge of each other, based upon what has been observed and felt in the changing wizarding world climate over the past four IC years. This would be particularly true after the Neo-Alliance went public, and lines more visibly drawn at the Ministry gala at the beginning of the year. Investigations and efforts to try and dig up dirt on known Neo Alliance members is entirely reasonable, but keep in mind that they are very very careful and methodical in covering their tracks...therefore striking dead ends would be a (perhaps frustratingly) frequent occurrence. Of course people could be trying to do so and reaching these dead ends is conclusive evidence in its own way too; this too could contribute to further suspicion and unrest for your character(s).

These dead ends and lack of leads will become key in the aftermath stages of this plot moving forward, but if there are any specific thoughts or questions please do feel free to contact sweetpinkpixie for clarification.

At the end of the day everyone who is aligned on the side of "good," regardless off when they came on board, is on the same team.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 03-21-2021 at 05:53 AM.