View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Was it possible that she did really know what they meant? Nem had to wonder - they didn't discount the idea straight away, but they had their doubts regardless. Not to play into Recard's trope of the misunderstood teenager or anything, but the professor was lacking some vital understanding of the issues at hand to really know what Nem was getting at. She was certainly no Rosier.

Then again, that lined up perfectly with what they'd always aimed for, with everyone, and they weren't about to undo all that work now - not totally, at least - even if the game had technically ended.

With a nod, Nem scraped the chair back, stood, and brought back the mortar, pestle, and crushed petals that Recard had asked for. They didn't say a word as they set the items down on the desk and made for the door. Ultimately, if Recard had been hoping to make an impact, it was very possible that she had, but perhaps not a very favourable one. At least, not from her perspective.

Nem was almost out of the room, had their hand on the door, when they paused and looked back. "In the spirit of communication, professor, and seeing as you'll find out soon enough, you should know that I'm in the Inquisitorial Squad now." See? Nem hadn't poked the bear at all. In fact, they'd found favour with it, been accepted by it, undeterred by the fact that it could, and would, maul them the moment they put a foot wrong. "I joined Rosier, and the Neo-Alliance." Nem turned away and pulled open the door, and headed on out without a backwards glance. "Peace."
Gabi WOULD have felt really good about that detention - because of course, she had no insight into Nem's mind and had no idea how they were perceiving her little speech that she had made. That all naturally flew out the window when they dropped THAT metaphorical microphone on her.

"You WHAT?"
she exclaimed, but it was too late. Nem was gone, and Gabi was just...left in shock. Nem had been difficult this term, yes, but surely they didn't BUY IN to all that nonsense Rosier was spewing? Surely this was just a survival tactic gone horribly, horribly wrong?

Merlin, she had a migraine. This was truly the least of her concerns right now, but...that didn't mean she couldn't worry about her students. She sighed and picked up her things, charmed the box of jewelweed to follow her, and then turned to head back to the hospital wing.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid