View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #65 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Well well well. Was Bernadette surprised by anything that went down once Nem stood up?

Sadly, she was not. For the record, they weren't a traitor. Nemesis was perhaps the most consistent person she'd ever encountered. And that said a lot about the people Bernie knew.

Was she disappointed in the professor, upset by her classmates, terrified of the Headmaster, and then amazed by the poofing spell?

Yes, yes she was. There were a lot of feelings sparking in Bernadette's heart, all bursting like little fireworks that sparked and then put themselves out, sparked and fizzled again.

She found herself gripping the edge of her desk the entire time the Imposter-in-Charge was in the room. She was having trouble just breathing around him these days. It felt like even having Bad Thoughts about the man might set him off, and she was desperate not to attract more attention than necessary until she could come up with a solid plan to run away from this place and to escape Room forever. But thankfully.... he left, and she was able to audibly exhale and slump back in her seat, her arms crossed and her small shoulders shivering slightly.

She caught Nem's doodling out of the corner of her eye and felt another pang, a longing for simpler times gone by when making waves didn't result in instanteous.... death. Er? No, that wasn't a killing spell he'd used on the kids with a death wish; the killing curse was green, and THAT was something else, some kind of Dark Magic she didn't even know was possible. Poor Flamsteed had probably peed his pants by now, witnessing all this. Was that why he was asking to go to the hospital wing?

Bernie had a million thoughts running through her mind but she did her best to push them aside, choosing instead to stare at Nem's face, much in the way they liked to stare back at her. Bernie adjusted her posture to imitate Nem's, though she certainly lacked the long legs and cool head they had, amongst other notable features. She then made certain her parchment and quill were just so, like her classmate's, and added the same oceanic doodle to her paper.

"So if I were to be you," she spoke barely above a whisper, as finding her voice was suddenly an arduous task, "I'd need a duplicate of that pin; that's new, isn't it? I'd need to be more proficient at nonverbals, I'd need a crocheted hat and half-gloves I suppose, maybe some.... grass-stained trainers, I think. I always see you outside in those." She didn't need to look, though; she already knew what Nem's shoes were like. "I'd have to work on controlling my temper... for the Greater Good, of course, and perhaps... what's your wand made of? What's the core? I think there's a way to check that, to check out imposters...."

Bernadette trailed off, her expression suddenly dead serious as she considered everything she'd said. "This is all hypothetical, of course. There can't be two Nemesis Upsteads in the world." Or... could there?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind