Thread: Law Enforcement: Exercise Room
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 04:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
She probably ought to be glad that her answer seemed to suffice for him and she was ignoring his use of "ma'am" because it made her feel old, but to her it just...wasn't enough. Not at all. She wanted to explain all of it. Disguises and such were part of the job, but in general, Penelope considered herself an honest person, and she didn't like dancing around the truth. Sometimes it was necessary, obviously. But it didn't mean she had to enjoy it.

Maybe she could still do something though. It was imperative to get to know her colleagues, especially the newer ones, now more than ever. Maybe she could take a step toward that today.

"Of course," she replied with a nod. "And if you have any further questions, I usually stop by Espresso Patronum in Diagon Alley after work, if you'd ever like to join me. Their coffee is better than the stuff they serve here." Though she actually did like the stuff they served in the atrium too, at least before all of THIS. She didn't know if they'd turn her away like she had seen happen to others, but she wasn't going to bother wasting her time to find out. Not like she'd be able to trust anything they gave her anyway.
Gabriel called all of his superiors things like ma'am unless they specified otherwise, regardless of age. Given his own delayed start into the YATI program, it was entirely possible for there to be a Junior Auror around his own age...who he would also call ma'am in this situation. All this to say, his intent was not to make Penelope feel old, but rather, respected.

And he definitely respected her choice of café.

"Yes, I like that place," he said with a firm nod. He actually recommended Espresso Patronum himself, to anyone newer to London than he was. Which was not a lot of people. But he'd gladly get coffee and ask more questions. He always had questions. Though, not always relevant ones. It would definitely be easier to have a conversation not sitting on this stationary bike. He could almost pick up on the hint that she wanted to talk away from the Ministry. Because...she didn't want the people who pulled the strings to hear? Or something like that.

Though he doubted the Minister of Magic--that was who pulled the strings, right?--had time to eavesdrop on two law enforcement employees exercising. He liked the excuse for coffee, if nothing else.

Gabriel hopped off the stationary bike. "I should get going," he said. "Lots of training to do, you know." Plus. He had come for the punching bag, not the bike.