View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 12:00 AM   #155 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Fletcher (I'm about to get outta here)

The darkness only lasted a few minutes, but when it cleared, Bain had cleared out as well, apparently taking Dr. Nykto with him. Jane's stomach gave a lurch as she wondered what would happen to the old man. To be so harsh with an elderly wizard just for a few unwise remarks, probably fueled by too much champagne--what were they so afraid of? And what was happening to the wizarding world at large? Jane had begun to feel really quite afraid for Nero, she'd begun to grow rather fond of him, difficult as he might be. But she didn't see what she could do about it at the moment. Though she intended to find out where he had been taken and what had happened to him.

Looking back at the buffet, she found none of the food appealed to her any longer, and she suddenly felt that she could not bear to stay one more minute in that place. Looking back at Fletcher, she said to him, "I've had enough, I'm out of here. Then she disengaged her arm from his and started to turn away toward the exit, but stopped and looked back. "Perhaps we could chat more elsewhere, somewhere...less crowded. You don't happen to fancy a bit of fish and chips?" Anything else she had to relate about the night's proceedings would be much better said away from the prying eyes and ears of the Ministry.