View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 01:48 AM   #153 (permalink)
Dumblydor

MO & DIMC
Dementor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfred Demaret
Slytherin
Sixth Year

SPOILER!!: Gabriel and Brody
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Brody reached for another sandwich as he mulled over Mariana’s response. “Things certainly have changed since the last time I’ve been here. I interned a few summers ago.’’ Then he smiled in apology. “Sorry. I don’t think I remember you from back then. Practically everyone I’ve encountered so far is unfamiliar.” His attention was drawn to a particularly loud woman {Sian} and he found her entertaining to watch. “The new… statue is interesting. That’s perhaps the biggest change. Physically, at least.” Oh, plant talk? Brody was not a botanist himself though he was fascinated, and possibly obsessed, with fireworks. “Mini topiary trees are certainly nice to look at, Joseph.’’ He didn’t find it strange the topic had veered off in a totally unexpected direction. Nope, Brody went with the flow. Observing a frown and a shake of the head from Gabriel, he asked, “Alright there?”

And then came the speech. The new employee couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. He did not like it one bit, the sound of what the Minister was indicating and only half heartedly raised his glass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel dropped his glass as the atrium plunged into darkness. His wand was out before he even thought about it. Peruvian instant darkness powder was not something somebody used for any good reason. Yes, the man knew what it was immediately. He was born in Peru, remember. One didn’t spend 80% of his life in South America without being able to recognize the stuff, and develop a healthy suspicion of those who used it.

But then the darkness cleared, and Gabriel looked around at Joseph, Brody, and Mariana. “Is anybody hurt?” he asked the little group by the buffet table, keeping his wand at the ready.

Then he checked for Mister Goldwasser, his department head, or Mister Upstead, the head auror. Surely they’d tell him what to do?! But Goldwasser was nowhere to be seen. That was worrying. Who would protect everyone from whomever had used the darkness powder? Gabriel felt immensely unqualified to be in law enforcement at this moment. And immensely grateful his sister had declined to be his guest tonight. At least he didn’t have to worry about her getting in the way or reminding their mother how dangerous his job really could be when she went home. He didn’t know most of the aurors or security folks by sight, given he was mostly offsite for training rather than in the office, but still he looked for anyone he recognized. What did they need him to do?

Joseph nodded at Mariana as Brody agreed with him on the aesthetics of plants and munched on yet another sandwich. He probably needed to stop eating so much of those. Suddenly, the entire Atrium plunged into darkness. He heard the sound of glass shattering near him, which he assumed was someone from their little buffet group dropping their glass of champagne in surprise. Although he wasn't particularly frightened at first, Joseph was getting more scared as several minutes ticked by. Carefully setting down his glass on what felt like the buffet table, he slowly reached for the pocket in which his wand lay. Although not pulling the wand out, his hand rested firmly upon it.

As the darkness subsided, Joseph looked around, his face a mix of uncertainty and fright. "I'm fine." He looked at Gabriel and replied to his question in a rather small voice. Considering his rather non-combatant job, he decided that it was not entirely his place to intervene in the current state of confusion at the gala. His hand continued to lay on his wand on his pocket. Just in case.