View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 03:03 PM   #55 (permalink)
Sunflower

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
books and cleverness | i like you a latte

Luckily for him, neither of the novice Seekers had noticed when he accidentally almost caught the Snitch in that school match, so he was safe from any pummelling. As he was not thinking about the potential benefits of the Snitchnip, Aguilar initially did not quite understand what Mamie meant by fouls keeping people safe. "Accidental fouls are very rare, so I think it is right for all rule-breaking behaviour to be penalised. And ... fouls generally bring more harm than safety. But I do remember when I was watching a U14 game and this sweet little kid grabbed her opponent's broom tail to slow him down - Blagging, y'know - and a second later, lightning struck right where he would have been if he continued flying at high speed," he gestured with his hands as he told the story animatedly. She was right, some fouls did protect people!

"Hmmm. You don't know that yet," he frowned when she stated that she would not make the U17 league. Sure, it would be too optimistic of him to blindly encourage her given the circumstances ...

But this was too unfair. Not 'accidental Snitchnip' unfair, not even 'kind-hearted Blagging' unfair, this was injustice on an entirely different level, as Mamie's sad voice and raised eyebrows reminded him. Before he knew it, he abandoned all pretence of compliance and leaned forward slightly to say something that would get him in trouble had the Inquisitorial Squad been listening. "Listen, Mamie. I know it seems like this is the end of the world, but this won't go on forever, because the bad guys always lose. You'll get to fly again, you'll be a darn good flyer and you'll show them that they were wrong."