View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath blinked, confused by Recard’s eyebrow raise at him. Had he done something wrong? If he had, he had no idea what! Story of my life, he thought darkly. Even when I think I’m doing the right thing, it turns out wrong somehow… It was only Claudine’s appearance beside him that distracted him from his frustration. He returned her greeting with a slight nod, too afraid to draw unnecessary attention to her with words or a smile.

He reluctantly looked up as the lesson began, and it was only then that he noticed the writing on the board. Dumbledore, huh? He already had an idea where this lesson was going. This was going to relate to Dumbledore's ties to Gellert Grindelwald, wasn't it? Given the current headmaster's ideology, it seemed the most likely route. That got him thinking about Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship. It was a tragic story, really… two lovers torn apart by ideological differences. It was enough to make him feel sorry for them, or it would've been had he not seen firsthand what damage Grindelwald's ideology could cause.

Didn't they also have a blood pact not to fight each other? That concept intrigued Heath, but he didn't feel comfortable mentioning that out loud. He had no problem recalling facts or quoting lines, but when he had to put his thoughts into his own words, he got tongue-tied, especially when he was distressed. Knowing his mood today, it was only a matter of time until he said the wrong thing, so just in case, he wasn't mentioning anything to do with Grindelwald or Dumbledore's involvement in the wizarding wars! He opted for a safer answer, one that (hopefully) wouldn't be interpreted as anti Neo-Alliance. "Dumbledore studied alchemy under Nicholas Flamel," he said after raising his hand.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...