Thread: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

She wasn't making assumptions; she was making value judgments, and the two were different, AcTUaLLy. "I never said you had it better than others," Bernie also pointed out flatly, though definitely with more heat and tone than Nemesis. But also, it WAS true that Nem had it better than she did. It was so impossible NOT to see things this way and react with anger. "So your dad is ignorant on how to help you? But also compassionate toward you? Wow. Must be nice. Must be sooooo rough to have a soft father."

As soon as the words left her mouth, she found herself cringing. Why was she like this? She knew she was sounding bitter and jealous again and she was definitely biting her tongue to keep from saying worse. Nem was REALLY ABOUT TO MAKE THINGS WORSE THOUGH, for reals, he was!!!! She didn't even realize this had happened, but one second she felt about to burst, and the next she had reached down into her boot and pulled out her wand. She opened her mouth at Nem's request that she punch them, and shook her head. She couldn't do it, she couldn't. Even if she was still trembling with suppressed fury for the world.

"Nemesis, I SWEAR I do NOT want to hurt you." Bernadette flicked her arm out straight, elbow locked into place, her aim on the trees just beyond Nem's shoulder. It was like a reflex to get into a fighting stance, but again, as she did this, her friend's words rang through her brain.

The people who matter don't give up on you.

Bernie faltered, her wand still pointed just past Nem's shoulder. For Merlin's sake, Upstead. Why couldn't you just let her blow up? Why did you have to show her one small iota of kindness? Now she felt her emotions flickering on the peripheral of sadness, the deep sort of silent sadness a person carried around with them for an eternity until one day it got the best of them. Maybe that one day was today.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind