View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 02:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet smiled with pleasure at the teacher's praise. "Thanks. I'm really interested in potion-making. My governess used to be a potioneer and she taught me a lot before I started coming to Hogwarts. If I get good enough at it, I think it's something I'd like to do some day."

Violet finished her tea and picked up her potion vial (she assumed she'd be allowed to keep it, at least?) Sitting for a few minutes, turning the vial over and over in her hands, she couldn't think of anything else to say. It was so hard to carry on a decent conversation when you had to be afraid all the time that someone might be listening. Finally she hopped out of her chair, quietly pocketing the vial, and said, "Uh, well, I guess I'd better be going, then. Lots of homework and all." And then she turned to leave.
Shreya positively beamed at that. Young and talented students with the aspirations to become potioneers? It was like music to her ears. "What a wonderful goal to have. And I do believe that you're on the right track." She gave Violet a wink. The Slytherin certainly showed some raw potion-making talent. With some more years of practice, she could achieve quite a lot.

"Do keep that potion in a safe space." Shreya didn't feel the need to warn Violet yet again about the dangers (and consequences) if she were to give it to anyone. Hopefully the girl would stow it away for now. "Thank you very much for stopping by, Ms. Blackthorne. Please know that you're always welcome here." And Shreya truly meant that. She wanted her office to be a safe haven for the children. Merlin knew they needed it lately. Shreya gave Violet a warm smile before she departed.