View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #81 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

"So what you think you may be on the verge of discovery is a companion to the Elixir of Life," he stated flatly. "Which, in and of itself is already considered to be a success in the creation of a panacea. A potion extends life if drunk for eternity and can bring a disembodied soul back to a physical form."
"No, this is not quite the same thing as the Elixir of Life, the effects are not quite so far-reaching." Jane of course knew of the elixir gained from the successful creation of a Philosopher's Stone, but she was not interested in providing the means for bringing disembodied souls back to life to the general wizarding public any time soon. "This is a lesser type of panacea, one more in the line of a universal healing potion. But it promises to be effective in the treatment of some of the harder to treat diseases."

Jane looked hard at Flamsteed--this man looked like he could use a healing potion himself, she couldn't believe how he seemed to have changed over the past year--and not for the better. She reached into an inner pocket, drew out a very small vial filled with a dark green liquid, and set it on his desk. "This is a sample of the first stage of the potion--it's more of a general enhancer to health and vigor. You're welcome to try it, it you like--I have myself. I think it would make you feel--more like yourself."