View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bain Goldwasser
N O T● S O ● M I S S I N G ● P E R S O N
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

So he wanted to speak to him about something? He seemed rather eager. Bain took his time rummaging around in his desk drawer while keeping one, dark unamused eye on Ferguson. Strike that. He seemed rather eager and overly chatty. He stopped rummaging in the drawer as Ferguson name dropped his father, one eyebrow raised at Security Officer. When he leaned back in his chair, he was pulling the wrapper off a dark red sucker.

”So, you want to move up in the Ministry?” he asked twirling the sucker between his fingers as he appraised the man. Funny, it seemed that many people in this department were eager to prove their worth. It wasn’t a bad thing, but it made him wonder about the state of things around here. What had Cambridge been doing around here when she was running things?
And it also seemed rather convenient for this man to come forward now, asking for the opportunity to help with whatever Bain wanted and he hadn’t gotten to where he was by not being careful.

Still…He was the sort of progeny they were looking for. ”Hmm,” he said sticking the red sucker in his mouth. He merely stared at him for a while. Employing the silent treatment was his favorite tactic and since Ferguson stated he liked watching people squirm, he wanted to see if the man himself would squirm.

Finally, he said, ”I tell you what. Bring me something of interest regarding these ‘questionable and untrustworthy folk’ and then we’ll talk.”