View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"Of course," he said with a smile. ... "In fact, Level Five serves the best tea in the Ministry. You're always welcome to stop by for a cup whenever you feel the need." He reached into a pocket and palmed a small silver badge which looked quit similar to the one he was wearing. He held out the hand, intending to press the pin into her hand. "Do Thursdays work for you?" he asked as they shook hands. "Sachin makes the best scones. I'll be sure to have a few. He sends his best by the way."
Jane held out her hand to receive the small silver object she was offered and studied it curiously. Apparently some sort of badge, but nothing remarkable--it just bore the name and logo of the Ministry of Magic, the place where they all worked. But Jane had never seen one before, so she suspected it was not common issue. Some sort of identifier, then? For what?

Wondering what she had gotten herself into, Jane pocketed the small pin and shook Conley's proferred hand. "Yes, Thursdays should be fine, I think." She was tempted to go on to mention her concerns about Hogwarts, but decided they were too vulnerable to discovery in that corridor and had probably stayed there long enough as it was. "I'll...I'll see you on Thursdy afternoon, then. But for now, I think I'd better go. I do have duties elsewhere." Jane smiled briefly, nodded her head, and turned to leave.