View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Ah, it was brief moments like this that made Violet's heart sing! Because since her governess, Miss Howard, was sacked, there didn't seem to be anyone else in her life who did have faith in her.

Violet was so busy watching how Professor Shreya stirred her cauldron that she forgot to come to the main reason she was here.

Oh, my, how very civilized! Tea at home was one of the few enjoyable things about it lately, especially since Violet was now deemed old enough to have afternoon tea with her grandfather and uncles in the parlor, instead of up in the nursery. "Oh, yes, please!" she piped up, as she fumbled in her inner pocket for a few minutes.

She finally pulled out a potion vial and held it up to the professor. "Actually, the main reason I came was to show you this. It's a Strengthening Solution I made for a friend who...who kind of looks like he needs it. I've made this lots of times before at home--my governess, uh, my former governess, was a potioneer--and I'm pretty confident I do it well. But since I'm giving this to someone else, I just wanted to show it to you first, to make sure it's just right."
Shreya smiled as Violet perked up at the mention of tea. She loved being able to provide just a bit of joy to the students lately. She couldn't imagine how scared they must be. "There's tea and milk on the counter if you'd like. Help yourself," she said, passing the Slytherin the steaming yellow teacup. Shreya retrieved her own mint tea from the bookshelf before returning to her seat.

"A strengthening solution, hmm?" Shreya responded, reaching out to take the flask. She swirled the liquid inside and peered in. It was the correct fragrance and consistency, but there was just a slight problem. The rules.

"And who do you intend to give this to?" Surely Violet knew that it was against Hogwarts rules to give other students homemade potions. That was a matter that would need to be sorted out with the healer. "If there is a legitimate reason that someone at Hogwarts needs a strengthening solution, you will have to discuss that with Healer Recard. She will need to administer and monitor the individual taking the potion. I'd be happy to accompany you to the Hospital Wing if that is the case." Shreya hoped she didn't come across as being too stern. She was sure that Violet meant no harm, but rules were rules, and one could never be too cautious when it came to potions. There were too many potentially disastrous consequences.