View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"Well, there must be a reason they came here, why they've sent so many of their people to this school, people that could be doing other things. They must think being here is important. They seem to want to recruit people, or at least indoctrinate us to their way of thinking. Or maybe they intend to hold us hostages or something. And," Violet continued, leaning closer to Schmoe and lowering her voice even more, "what's the deal with all the mirrors? I mean, I can see getting rid of all the owls, keeping people from writing home or anywhere. And sending all those robed thugs in to keep control. But why break all the mirrors?"

Were they all vampires or something? Were they using some kind of magic that mirrors could mess up? Did they just want everyone at Hogwarts to go around with unkempt hair or something? What? This had been bothering Violet a lot since the first night of the term.

Finneas listened silently, trying to keep his own composure as to not increase any of Violet's worries. In truth, even he and the rest of the staff were not entirely sure what the alliance had planned for them. In the best case scenario, they were merely hostages. That much was almost a guarantee. As for her question, however, he paused thoughtfully before nodding his head. "The mirrors were likely broken for the same reason," he began. "A two-way mirror poses a larger threat in terms of communication than an owl does." There was no turn-around time. Communication was almost instantaneous. Finneas still preferred Texting, but errr... The neo-alliance would likely spit in his face if he admitted to that.

"They are likely covering all of their bases, Ms. Blackthorne. Leaving no stone unturned." It was an unsettling thought. Finneas had spent countless nights trying to come up with alternative means of contacting the outside world.

SPOILER!!: Bernadette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Bernie (unusually for her) also hoped there would be no more tears. For once, those had been genuine tears and thus they were quite exhausting to keep in check.

She nodded to the professor's advice, sincerely keeping both her blue eyes on him. This was the most attentive Bernie had probably been in this office, barring the time she had interrogated interviewed him at Beauxbatons. It might not be obvious, but she did appreciate that Schmoe recognized how easily trouble tended to find her (not the other way around, ahem). The last part of his sentence though... it had her worried again, worried about frail old Schmoe.

"But surely there's...." she cleared her throat and leaned in closer to his desk, which was not an easy feat from a beanbag on the floor, so that she could better conspire with him. "Surely there's something you can do, sir. You know. You professors? You're all very good at magic, you HAFTA be, to teach here at a magic school." Wasn't that how it worked?! Only the absolute best, the experts in their chosen fields, went on to become professors?

She continued to lean forward, her expression very worried and yet still a little bit hopeful that Schmoe, good ol' Schmoe, would give her some sign. Like that maybe the staff was working on things behind the scenes, or or or forming a resistance, or sneaking off to Hogsmeade at night to get help for the kids.... SOMETHING like that???!

Please, sir, she needed hope.

In any other circumstance, Finneas might have stopped to praise the attentive listening. Or perhaps, he simply would have given it more thought. Unfortunately, however, at the moment this was the last thing he was paying attention to. "Your safety, and the other students, that is our first priority as members of staff, Bernadette."

Finneas rubbed his face, leaning back in his chair. The first thing he would do once this was all over was pay for a good massage. Assuming this would be over, eventually, of course.

He had to admire her chutzpah though. Had he known this was coming, he would've predicted that Bernadette would be leading the counter-revolution from the inside. It was a thought that brought him great pride as well as immense worry. He hoped she understood that they had to stay put for the time being. The alliance seemed to leave them alone if they cooperated. That much was enough for now, even if only as a way to stall time.

But again, it was still only the second day and Finneas still had some hope. Very little (as the majority had been crucioed out of him), but still some. "And err, we might be outnumbered, but that won't stop us from trying. Hogwarts has seen worse days." He offered her a small, encouraging smile.

SPOILER!!: Minjae
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
“I know, Professor” he grumbled as he stared at a fixed point on the edge of the desk . ”I’m not stupid” . The moment Rosier and his Neo Alliance had revealed themselves at the feast he knew how dangerous they were. He became hyperaware when they had to fill out that form. He had chosen to write the down the truth which in some way had been in his favor during the first lesson.

”It’s just unfair!” he said, trying to keep his voice down but he felt angry again ”They’re even using Curses on first years. Some of them haven’t even learned how to levitate a feather yet! how can they defend themselves?!” This was what bothered him the most. The injustice of it all ”They’re just a bunch of cowards on a power trip if you ask me” he huffed.

Although he did not have much chance against them either , he was still a seventh year and for years, DADA had been his personal best subject. He even scored an Outstanding in his OWL so he would be able to protect himself to some degree when needed. His wand was also an Alder type , which according to the shopkeeper at Ollivanders was best suited for non-verbal spells which he was proud to admit he had been improving quite well since last year. This meant he had an element of surprise. However, the reason the Hufflepuff knew he could never win against them was because they were far more experienced and he knew they wouldn't hesitate to kill and he couldn't do that. No matter how evil someone was, he knew he could never take someone’s life.

A better man than they were…. Feeling that his ears were turning red, Minjae tried not to show it too much but he did look proud at this compliment. He didn’t get complimented often. ”I just wish there was something we could do against them because i REFUSE to join them" The alliance probably didn't want him anyway since he was a Muggleborn. "My first thought was trying to contact my father with my two-way mirror to ask for help but all means of communication has been cut off” He didn’t even know where Brownie his owl was.

In the back of his mind he knew he had to attend the lessons but it still hurt. His face fell and he looked up at the professor and only now noted how tired and anxious he looked. More than usual and that was saying something. ”How are you doing, sir?” he asked, feeling shame that the conversation had been more about them when he knew the man must feel terrible as well.

”Professor” he suddenly said slowly as he watched him set tea. ”Can i ask for a favor? It’s….it’s kind of a big one”

Finneas winced slightly, but otherwise remained quiet as Minjae carried on. He could sense the boy's anger and, well, it was justified. Finneas felt similarly too. Though, er, he had to keep it within. Conceal don't feel, as they say. And though Schmoe did not voice his agreement, he did smile just a bit when Minjae referred to the alliance as 'a bunch of cowards on a power trip'. Not confirming or denying... But most definitely not denying.

Heh.

Anyway, ANYWAY, AnYwAy.

"Though we cannot know for certain what they have planned..." Finneas began. "People will start talking on the outside, Mr. Yoon. I believe we will have help very soon." History had a way of repeating itself. Though they may not have owls or other means of communication, the alliance's agenda would surely reveal itself soon enough. That was not something Finneas doubted in the least.

He then turned to pour two cups of tea, adding a splash of milk to each, only turning to look at the Hufflepuff and offer him a small smile. "Errr... I'm, er, I'm alright, Mr. Yoon." This was a bit of an understatement considering his entire body was still sore and in a great deal of pain, but err... There were some things that did not need to be mentioned. When he turned back around, he had two mugs in his hand and a little tray followed behind him carrying honey, sugar, biscuits, and spoons with it. "Yes, of course," he assured the seventh year, setting his own mug on his desk before offering him the other.

You are Lemon!