View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #95 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie nodded along. Scrambling the numbers, yep. That would make it hard to even know what day it was. "That's a good idea," she agreed. "If...if the clock can make the Muggles confused enough, they might get frazzled... and step out into traffic or-or..." That was the goal, right? Hurt the Muggles? Mamie jotted down their ideas for the alarm clock.

She made a mental note to get rid of the alarm clock in her childhood bedroom the next time they were allowed to leave Hogwarts.

"Do you want to do the lamp or the hair dryer next?" she asked Heath. Since she had picked the alarm clock, it seemed fair to let him choose next.
While Heath wrote down the ideas they had, he was already brainstorming more ways to sabotage the clock. That particular model also displayed words, so maybe they could also scramble the letters too… make them spell out something nonsensical or insulting. Before he could ask Mamie what she thought of that idea, she was talking about muggles stepping out into traffic. Well, this conversation took an unexpectedly dark turn! He doubted anything that dramatic would come from a scrambled alarm clock, but anything was possible, he supposed. This nightmare of a school term was proof of that! "Right," he said, unsure how to respond. "They'll think they've gone mad."

Okay, apparently they were moving on to the next item now… maybe they'd be able to come back to the clock later. Although Heath didn't condone mistreating muggles, he had to admit that making a prototype alarm clock sounded fun. Anyway, the next item wasn't a hard choice; he picked the one he had the most ideas about. "The hair dryer," he replied. "Hair dryers use a motorized fan and a heating element, so one way to make it useless is to immobilize the fan. If the fan can't turn, no air comes out. You could also make it work in reverse… take air in instead of blowing it out. Then the muggles' hair would get sucked into the machine when they try to use it, and they'd have to cut it."

Heath blinked, shocked by the string of words that just came out of him. "Sorry, I'm talking too much. What are your ideas?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...