View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 02:22 AM   #91 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie was thrilled to have been found by a partner. She immediately smiled back. "Let's start with the alarm clock," she said eagerly. "I have an idea already!" She looked Heath up and down. Did he know how an alarm clock worked? It was unclear, so she figured she ought to explain.

"The clock wakes people up by being loud and obnoxious," she said. "But if it couldn't be loud an obnoxious, it would be useless. So we can just use a silencing charm!" She looked hopefully at him, feeling in need of his approval. Being told your family was worthless could do that to a kid. Plus- it was a good idea. It didn't make the alarm clock dangerous, but if someone was relying on it to wake them up, it could seriously ruin their day.
Wow, someone was eager! Heath almost smiled but fearful of drawing the hoods’ attention, he stopped himself just in time. “Okay, alarm clock it is!” he replied. It really didn’t matter to him which one they started with. He had enough knowledge of muggle machinery to come up with ideas for any object, which was why he was confused when Mamie explained the function of an alarm clock. Blink, blink. Okay… Then he remembered that she wouldn’t know him well enough to know he grew up mostly in the muggle world. “They certainly are loud and obnoxious,” he agreed. Like the one he had in his bedroom back home, for example! But he wasn’t about to mention that in the hoods’ presence.

He considered her idea for a minute. He had been thinking more along the lines of making the clock shout insults at random times. That would make it both useless and harmful - emotional pain could be just as damaging as physical, he’d learned that firsthand - but he wasn’t going to shut down her idea. A silencing charm worked too, but would that on its own be enough to satisfy the hoods? “That’s a good start,” he said, nodding his approval. “What else could we do to it?” An idea occurred to him. “What if we also use a spell to scramble the numbers? Then it would never show the correct time and be even more useless.”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...