View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 10:24 AM   #81 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Howdy, partner!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie was a little skeptical of this task. Why were they trying to turn normal things into bad things? She wanted to manipulate the alarm clock, for sure, though, because nobody liked being awaken to the buzz buzz buzz of an alarm clock. Even if it was one of the cool ones that rolled around the room so you had to chase it down to turn it off.

But still, she didn't want to work alone. What was the fun in that. She looked around to see if anybody wanted a partner still. "Does anybody need a partner?" she asked, standing up from her seat to see better.

Any takers?
Heath was still annoyed with himself for his earlier mistake, but he knew it could’ve been so much worse. By some miracle, the hoods hadn’t hexed him, and at least his answer to the second question was better. Ah, there we go, the Cruel Twist of the Day… he thought darkly, only half listening to the directions. To his own surprise, he didn’t even bat an eye at the mention of sabotage. He’d stopped feeling shocked at the depths of the Neo Alliance’s hatred; now all he felt was numb.

Heath would never understand the desire to hurt others, but muggle machinery was something he did understand. At least this activity allowed him to use that knowledge without making himself a target! Plans were already forming in his mind as his dark eyes scanned the objects at the front of the room. The easiest way to make all of the objects useless was to take out the power source… sever the cords on the lamp and hairdryer, and vanish the batteries from the clock. As for causing harm, there were a lot of ways to go about it. Put a Flagrante curse on the objects so they burn any muggle who touches them, animate them to beat a muggle over the head, soak them in undiluted bubotuber pus… His mind was going in so many different directions at once that he could barely keep up, and he hadn’t even started on the ways to tamper with each item individually!

Prepared to work on his own, he turned to an empty page in his notebook to write down his ideas before he forgot any of them. He only had time to list each item before a younger student’s (Mamie) voice jerked him out of his thoughts. Technically no, he didn’t need a partner, but it seemed mean to just ignore her. He knew how it felt to be ignored and rejected! Picking up his notebook, he left his seat to approach her. “I’ll work with you,” he said, smiling ever so slightly. “Which item would you like to start with?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...