View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
DuckyLinJi
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas understood the boy's rage. He really did. He, himself, felt a lot of rage these days despite not having enough energy for it. Still, he shook his head. "Mr. Yoon, while I admire your... er... While I admire your courage, you must understand that these people will not stop at mere warnings. They, er, they will take lives." Finneas was not trying to instill fear, but he needed the Hufflepuff to understand the severity they were dealing with here lest he find himself in the face of danger.

Finneas sunk a little in his chair. The exhaustion was catching up to him. "You are a better man than they are." He replied, the corners of his lips even twitched just a bit.

He knew Minjae was confused, but to explain the logic would be futile. The alliance did not run by logic. They ran by hate. Hate was a very illogical and dangerous thing. As for muggle studies lessons, however, Finneas could offer some insight here. He nodded in response to the first question. "Yes," he replied sadly. He had tried to reason with them, rallying against the new curriculum. But. Er. That did not go very well. "If it were up to me..." he began slowly and sadly. "But it is not. I have no say anymore, Mr. Yoon...... The alliance is not forgiving and for the benefit of your safety, I er, I beg you to continue attending our lessons.."

He slowly stood up, pushing off the table for support. "Of course," he replied, moving to the counter behind him to grab a cup and the kettle.
“I know, Professor” he grumbled as he stared at a fixed point on the edge of the desk . ”I’m not stupid” . The moment Rosier and his Neo Alliance had revealed themselves at the feast he knew how dangerous they were. He became hyperaware when they had to fill out that form. He had chosen to write the down the truth which in some way had been in his favor during the first lesson.

”It’s just unfair!” he said, trying to keep his voice down but he felt angry again ”They’re even using Curses on first years. Some of them haven’t even learned how to levitate a feather yet! how can they defend themselves?!” This was what bothered him the most. The injustice of it all ”They’re just a bunch of cowards on a power trip if you ask me” he huffed.

Although he did not have much chance against them either , he was still a seventh year and for years, DADA had been his personal best subject. He even scored an Outstanding in his OWL so he would be able to protect himself to some degree when needed. His wand was also an Alder type , which according to the shopkeeper at Ollivanders was best suited for non-verbal spells which he was proud to admit he had been improving quite well since last year. This meant he had an element of surprise. However, the reason the Hufflepuff knew he could never win against them was because they were far more experienced and he knew they wouldn't hesitate to kill and he couldn't do that. No matter how evil someone was, he knew he could never take someone’s life.

A better man than they were…. Feeling that his ears were turning red, Minjae tried not to show it too much but he did look proud at this compliment. He didn’t get complimented often. ”I just wish there was something we could do against them because i REFUSE to join them" The alliance probably didn't want him anyway since he was a Muggleborn. "My first thought was trying to contact my father with my two-way mirror to ask for help but all means of communication has been cut off” He didn’t even know where Brownie his owl was.

In the back of his mind he knew he had to attend the lessons but it still hurt. His face fell and he looked up at the professor and only now noted how tired and anxious he looked. More than usual and that was saying something. ”How are you doing, sir?” he asked, feeling shame that the conversation had been more about them when he knew the man must feel terrible as well.

”Professor” he suddenly said slowly as he watched him set tea. ”Can i ask for a favor? It’s….it’s kind of a big one”