View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 01:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Seeing Bernadette cry did a number on Schmoe's heart. She tugged at every single heart string. If only Finneas were better equip to handle the ~ e m o t i o n s ~ alas, he was rather useless when it came to those. So instead, he shifted uncomfortably and hoped that there would be no more tears.

There was nothing easy about this. Nothing at all.

Her question made his heart sink even further and it took him a few moments to brace himself before clearing his throat to reply. "Keep your head low, Bernadette. That is all we can do for now. While I know this will be difficult, the alternative is, er, is more trouble than what it is worth." And Bernadette did have a way of finding of trouble. "They have no mercy." Take it from someone with first hand experience.
Bernie (unusually for her) also hoped there would be no more tears. For once, those had been genuine tears and thus they were quite exhausting to keep in check.

She nodded to the professor's advice, sincerely keeping both her blue eyes on him. This was the most attentive Bernie had probably been in this office, barring the time she had interrogated interviewed him at Beauxbatons. It might not be obvious, but she did appreciate that Schmoe recognized how easily trouble tended to find her (not the other way around, ahem). The last part of his sentence though... it had her worried again, worried about frail old Schmoe.

"But surely there's...." she cleared her throat and leaned in closer to his desk, which was not an easy feat from a beanbag on the floor, so that she could better conspire with him. "Surely there's something you can do, sir. You know. You professors? You're all very good at magic, you HAFTA be, to teach here at a magic school." Wasn't that how it worked?! Only the absolute best, the experts in their chosen fields, went on to become professors?

She continued to lean forward, her expression very worried and yet still a little bit hopeful that Schmoe, good ol' Schmoe, would give her some sign. Like that maybe the staff was working on things behind the scenes, or or or forming a resistance, or sneaking off to Hogsmeade at night to get help for the kids.... SOMETHING like that???!

Please, sir, she needed hope.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind