Thread: Guest Rooms
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 11:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
The confirmation that the fact he was a Legilimens would be kept under the radar was appreciated, and he genuinely believed the man would not say a word about it to anyone too. It was a bit funny how these meetings of theirs had formed some sort of foundation of trust between the two. Dante wouldn't admit it out loud, but that made everything significantly easier.

What wasn't going to be as easy, however, was getting deep enough in the Unspeakable's mind to extract and unfog the memory that had been obliviated. It was a challenge Dante was willing to take on nevertheless, and he hoped that the odds were in their favour this evening. "The sensation will likely be uncomfortable at first. You are going to see images flickering as I push through the layers of your mind. Let them pass. Keep your focus on that day in the Department of Mysteries," he instructed softly, blinking those dark eyes of his one last time.

No wand was drawn and no words were said as he focused on the pair of blue eyes before him. Nothing happened for a brief moment as Dante took in a breath and cleared his own mind. Soon enough the room seemed to vanish as he began to delve into the complex mind of David Truebridge.
It was uncomfortable.

David's hands began gripping the armrests of his chair, his forearms inadvertently flexing as he grew more and more tense. It was just... bizzare, having someone flick through his memories like they were perusing a card catalogue. There went one of him on a broom at some learning-how-to-fly event, then trick or treating with Char, hanging out with Genny, studying in the potions lab at uni. It was like a highlights reel of his life, even though he didn't know what a highlights reel even was. (Too Muggle, y'know?)

He took a breath and tried to direct the mind-invader toward what he could recall of that day and the few around it, although he remembered things in reverse. He recalled walking outside, talking to Jessica at the coffee spot at work, Lucifer dragging him to see the Healer, waking up on the floor, looking at the white gloves on his hands...

Wait, was that new? The gloves... the gloves... His blue eyes staring forward and his mouth falling open slightly, David tried to concentrate on the gloves, remembering now all the questions he had for them. Why had he put them on? What was he looking for? What had he touched? He still had them, he remembered suddenly, in the pocket of his coat on the back of the chair.

Could Zabini find the memory? It had to have something to do with the gloves.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind