View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 03:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”Ah, Ms. Howard.” He forced his most charming smile onto his face, you know the one he used when foreign politicians were pontificating and he had to look interested. ”I’m happy you could join me for a word or two.” He shifted the items in his hand again. ”Interesting year we’ve had, don’t you think?”

”I apologize for not following up on that lunch invitation. It has been quite busy around the globe this year. How has Level 9 been treating you?”
Jane lifted an eyebrow at this opener--she was quite sure he had not invited her all the way down here to exchange pleasantries, but she would give him some time to come to the point. "All right, I suppose--my first week was rather eventful, but things settled down more of less and I've been getting a lot done. Although I've had problems finding a regular space to work in. I've been meaning to speak to my boss about it, but Mr. Flamsteed hasn't been available much." Also, Mr. Flamsteed had been acting very odd, but she wasn't prepared to go into that just now.